Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Doors

I never knew, having listened to them for so long -- their American brilliance, maybe always leaving them in some box of dream- scapes. But, a band capable of anything American. I don't think I ever listened to an album  straight across, always the top of the charters -- and too much hash to remember. But what a collection : take Indian Summer for instance. I guess I knew, but a Song of Hiawatha -- from perhaps America's most important album - right after The Band of course, but right there after it - Morrison Hotel. And they were getting better: I give you L.A. Woman. I'm most proud that I came to them later on, so much so that I had to do the Badlands of Dakota with them. "The west is the best/Get here/And we'll do the rest..."

No comments:

Post a Comment