Thursday, December 2, 2010

Letters

Letters from Stacy Keach thanking me for my compliments on his portrayal of Ernest Hemingway -- from Horton Foote about my story about a mother and her now fatherless son visiting the Vietnam Wall in DC -- from Horton Foote's Tender Mercies -- first time I realized that ,of course, young fathers left young children --I'm a Viet vet --Martina Navratalova, thanking me for the poem and the flowers I  brought for her at a tennis match in Oakland,Ca --Larry McMurtry giving me his OK to lean on an article he'd written about Goodnight, cattle & buffalo baron in the OK panhandle, for a short story of mine,Hunting Party -- "The" Tom Wolfe , after I took him on about his sour take on the Vietnam Wall -- Jack Finney, author of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers --Becky Fleming, Jack London's daughter..And James Donovan , author of A Terrible Glory -- Little Bighorn --for my praise, and his praise of my life....And from Anthony Bourdain, thanking me for The Doors CD I sent him...

No comments:

Post a Comment